❤️ Become A TRUE FOOD TV Patron ❤️
Jaw-dropping chickpea harvest on the Palouse! Discover how chickpeas (aka garbanzos, hummus, bengal gram, chana!) became America’s newest oldest crop. Bonus hummus recipe at the end (it’s vegan + gluten-free)!
Thanks to Sabra for sponsoring this episode:
🔥 TFTV STORE: 🔥
📸 Our favorite filmmaking gear:
For partnership, licensing and speaking inquiries: info [at] truefood [dot] tv
TRUE FOOD is created by MANIC MEDIA, and maintains a strict independent editorial policy:
Special thanks to: Kaitlyn Calvert and Abhishek Bhandari
RECIPE: Hummus Bowl with Roasted Vegetables and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
Serves 2-4 people
1 17-oz Sabra Classic Hummus
1 small eggplant, peeled and diced
1 small zucchini, peeled and diced
2 small bell peppers (capsicum), sliced into strips
3 TBSP pine nuts (optional)
Sundried Tomato Pesto
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
½ clove garlic, minced
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Take the hummus out of the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
3. Toss the vegetables with enough olive oil to coat. Spread the veg evenly over a sheet pan, salt, and roast until tender, roughly 30 min.
4. Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend all the pesto ingredients including 3 tablespoons of olive oil (directly from the sun-dried tomato jar, if you’d like). The pesto should have a chunky consistency.
5. Assembly: Spread hummus on the bottom of each serving bowl. On top, spoon a line of pesto and arrange the vegetables on either side. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
#chickpea #garbanzo #hummus #bengalgram #chana #harvest #farming #howdoesitgrow #Idaho