Check out all the audio gear I use on my site’s gear page:
I now offer 1-On-1 filmmaker consulting! Sign up here:
This is a big one. I’m giving all my audio secrets away! For over a year, the most requested topic for me to talk about is audio. Everyone apparently wants to know how I approach recording audio for a wedding film, the exact gear that I use to record the wedding notes, ceremony, and toasts, and how I make everything sound great. Well today is the day that I reveal it all! Strap in for almost thirty minutes of me covering all facets of recording audio for wedding films.
In this video I will cover:
– Why audio is such a big deal for you and your audience.
– The exact recorders, microphones, cables, batteries, and accessories that I use throughout the entire wedding day.
– Who and what I record during the wedding ceremony.
– All the ways to plug into a sound board.
– How to handle DJs that won’t let you plug into their sound board.
– A foolproof backup that Guarantees(!) that you will record high quality toasts audio.
Below is a full list of the Audio Equipment that I use. You can see this entire list with images and links at:
🎤 AUDIO GEAR 🎤
– Zoom h5 on Amazon:
– Zoom h4n on Amazon:
– Sony ICDUX560 (Replaces the Olympus WS-822) on Amazon:
– Tascam DR-10L on Amazon:
– Sennheiser G4 (the G3 was discontinued) on Amazon:
– Microphone Madness Matchstick Lapel:
– Rycote Stickies on Amazon:
– Rycote Overcovers on Amazon:
– Hosa XLR Cable on Amazon:
– Hosa 1/4-inch to 1/4-inch on Amazon:
– Hosa 1/4-inch to RCA on Amazon:
– Whirlwind IMP 1×2 XLR Splitter on Amazon:
– Eneloop AA Rechargeable Batteries on Amazon:
– Eneloop AAA Rechargeable Batteries on Amazon:
– AmazonBasics Battery Charger on Amazon:
– Battery Case on Amazon:
– Sandisk 32GB SD Card on Amazon:
– Sandisk 16GB Micro SD Card on Amazon:
– Cheap Earbuds on Amazon:
– MicFX Microphone Sleeve (they now have them in black from their site, no turning inside-out required):
🎼Need help finding music for your wedding films? Subscribe to Matt’s Music List:
You can also check out my wedding film production company FilmStrong Productions, at
If you want to keep up with my photos, videos, and other behind-the-scenes stuff, follow me on Instagram at
I also post a ton of video related things to my Facebook Page at
Music licensing sites I recommend:
🎧 Sound Stripe – (use the coupon code “WHOISMATT” for 10% off a yearly or monthly subscription!)
🎷 ART LIST – (free extra 2-months when you subscribe using this link!)
🎵 Musicbed – (get a 30-day free trial!)
SEND STUFF TO:
2177 Buckingham Road #553
Richardson, TX 75081
I’m required to state that I’m a part of affiliate programs for Amazon, B&H, SoundStripe, ArtList, and Adobe – AKA – I make a bit of $ when you click on those links in my video descriptions. It costs you nothing, and helps me grow my beard. 🙂