In China, there are restaurants in nearly every neighborhood serving handmade noodles. You can see how they made the noodles in front of you which is the reason why they are so popular – their noodles taste amazingly fresh. There are many ways to make your own noodles- today I will show you my version. It has simple ingredients but requires a bit of patience. I know noodles are very easy to buy, but it is quite fun to make your own and enjoy the hard work. Hope my video will encourage you to try it out!
[USA] BUY MY WOK –
[REST OF WORLD] BUY MY WOK –
CHECK MY AMAZON INFLUENCER PAGE –
(I share ingredients and recommended products there)
By the rolling mat that I used in this video:
Check my other noodles video:
– Classic bei jing zha jiang noodles:
– Sichuan hot and sour noodle soup:
**LIST OF INGREDIENTS FOR HAND MADE NOODLES [serve 3]**
– 11 ounces [312 grams] of strong bread flour[11盎司高筋粉]
– 2 eggs + water = 5.5 ounces [156 grams] [两个鸡蛋+水=5.5盎司]
– 1/2 tsp of salt[半茶匙盐]
**INGREDIENTS FOR HOW I LIKE TO EAT THE NOODLES [serve 1]**
– 2.5 cups of homemade noodles[2.5杯手擀面]
– 1 tbsp of soy sauce[1汤匙生抽]
– 1 tsp of Chinese black vinegar[1茶匙陈醋] [Zhengjiang black vinegar：
– 1 tsp of dark soy sauce[1茶匙老抽]
– 1 tsp of minced ginger[1茶匙姜末]
– 1 tsp of minced garlic[1茶匙蒜末]
– 1-2 tsp of chili flake[1-2茶匙辣椒面]
– some spring onion[小葱适量]
– 2.5 tbsp of vegetable oil[2.5汤匙植物油]
– Add 1/2 tsp of salt into the strong flour. Give it a mix. Look for bread flour in your local store. Do not use all purpose or cake flour- the texture of your noodles should be bouncy!
– Add the egg water mixture(2 eggs + water = 5.5 ounces) into the flour too. If you are vegetarian, you can skip the egg and add about 4.5 ounces of water.
– Use chopsticks to stir it and knead your flour into a dough, this will take about 8 minutes.
– Cover it and let it sit for 30 minutes.
– 30 minutes later, use the folding technique to knead it again for 5-8 minutes until you have a smooth dough. This helps push the air out.
– Roll the dough into 1-2 mm thick sheets. Make sure it is even or it won’t cook properly.
– Apply some flour on both sides of the sheet. This prevents the noodles from sticking together.
– Fold the sheet and cut it into 1-2 mm thick. The thicker you cut it, the harder and bouncier your noodle is going to be. You can play with it a little bit to see what you prefer. Do not push down with the hand you’re holding it with or the noodles will stick together.
– Once you cut all the sheet into noodles you can do what ever you want to it. This is how I like to eat it.
– Put the noodles in boiling water for 2-4 minutes. After 2 minutes, you can try one and see if you want it softer.
– Once you think it is good, take it out and get rid of the excess water. Add it in a bowl.
– Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp of Chinese black vinegar, 1 tsp of dark soy sauce, 1 tsp of minced ginger, 1 tsp of minced garlic, some spring onion, some cilantro and 1-2 tsp of chili flake depending on your taste.
– Heat up 2.5 tbsp of oil. I’m using vegetable oil. Pour the hot oil on top of the noodles. Try to put it on those aromatic to release the flavor. Mix everything together- You are done!
Enjoy your meal! If you have any questions about the recipes, just post a comment, will help you out as soon as possible!
…and if you’ve read this far, might as well subscribe. More recipes coming soon =)